Last Updated August 13, 2018
Information We Collect
Personal Data You Provide
When you interact with our Site, we, or our service providers (acting on our behalf), collect “Personal Data” (which is information that relates to you as an identifiable individual) that you provide to us, such as your first and last name, address, email address, and telephone number. We may also collect Personal Data from you in the following scenarios:
- When you register for an account on the Website;
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us;
- When you participate in surveys, panels, or research;
- When you register for and participate in our programs, activities, initiatives, and events.
Data Collected Using Automated Means
We may collect the following types of information automatically:
- Usage and Log Information.
- Information about your activity (such as content and any advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on).
- Log files
- Diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Device and Connection Information:
- Network or Internet protocol address
- Type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Type of operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS)
- Name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such provider
- Mobile network
- Device identifiers (such as Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID)
- Device settings, browser settings, and language
- Information on actions taken or interactions with the Site, including viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps
- Type of handheld or mobile device used to access the Site (e.g., iOS, Android)
How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We, and our third party service providers acting on our behalf, use the Personal Data we obtain about you:
- To satisfy our contractual obligation to you. For example, we use your Personal Data to:
- Provide and communicate with you about the Site
- Provide technical support for the Site
- Fulfill your requests, including without limitation requests for notifications.
- When we have a legitimate business interest to do so. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Comply with license obligations
- Prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities on or through the Site
- Protect the safety of our users
- Communicate with you about changes to any Zilient policy
- Analyze the performance of the ads, offers and content on the Website, as well as your interaction with them
- Improve and develop the Site
- With your consent. We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice and obtain consent where required at the time of collection.
Personal Data We Share
We share your Personal Data as follows:
- Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data and other information with service providers that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This includes service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) host the Site; (f) maintain databases; (g) send or support any online or mobile advertising; and (h) otherwise support or help us provide the Site. We will provide your Personal Data to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties.
- Legal Process; Fraud Prevention. We will share your Personal Data and other information (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or (iii) if it is relevant to an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Business Transfers. We will share your Personal Information if we are acquired by or enter into a merger with another company, or otherwise reorganize our business.
- Advertising Partners. We may share your Personal Data with advertising partners (including advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, and other marketers) that wish to market products or services to you.
If you wish to opt out from such sharing please visit the Your Rights and Choices section below for further instructions.
We may share aggregate or anonymized data that cannot be used to identify you with third parties as permitted under applicable law.
Children’s Personal Data
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children below the age of 13 on the Site. If you believe a child has provided us with personal data and would like to have the information removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser. A cookie can be used to uniquely identify your computer and may contain information about your website interactions. We use certain cookies and other similar analytics technologies offered by our third-party service providers to provide the Site, understand your use of the Site, customize the content offered to you on the Site and to deliver any relevant advertising to you.
Web Beacons. The Site also contain “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
Zilient uses these technologies for the following purposes:
- Social Media. Our Site includes social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to a social media platform to share content via that platform.
- Analytics. We use first- and third-party cookies and other identifiers to gather usage and performance data. For example, we use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of this Site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this Site, what pages they visit, and what other Sites they visited prior to coming to this Site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to improve this Site. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please use Google’s opt-out tool: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To learn how to reduce the number of cookies you receive, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers.
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Data we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what Personal Data we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
- You can choose not to provide Personal Data to us by refraining from using the Site.
- You can opt out of the collection and use of certain information which we collect about you by automated means by changing the settings in the device you use to access the Site.
- In certain jurisdictions, you can exercise your choice with respect to cookies via the Cookie Consent notice displayed on the Site. Your browser may tell you how to be notified and opt out of receiving certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site.
- You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us.
- To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time, to the processing of your Personal Data by contacting us as set forth below.
- To opt-out of Google Analytics, please use Google’s opt-out tool: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Additional Data Protection Rights in Europe
If you live in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you also have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation that we hold Personal Data about you,
- Request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you,
- Receive copies of the Personal Data we maintain about you,
- Request that we provide certain parts of your Personal Data to you or transmit it directly to another company that processes Personal Data, and
- Object to direct marketing; or have your Personal Data blocked, rectified, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate.
These rights may be limited in some circumstances under applicable law. To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
In addition, if you are in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom and you have any complaints about how we use your Personal Data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country. A list of data protection authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
The Site is offered globally so it is necessary to transfer your information internationally. In particular, your information will be transferred to and processed in the United States where our servers are located. The data protection and other laws of other countries, such as the United States, may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We rely on multiple legal bases to lawfully transfer personal data internationally. These include your consent and EU Commission approved model contractual clauses, which require certain privacy and security protections.
We have put in place physical, electronic, and administrative procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access to Personal Data and to maintain data security. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
We will generally store your information until it is no longer necessary to provide services to you or until you ask us to delete it; but there are some exceptions to this general rule. We will retain information to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our agreements, and take other actions permitted by law.
Third Party Links and Websites